|Units: Thousands of toe.|
|Source Catalonia: Catalan Energy Institute. Source Spain, eurozone and European Union: Eurostat.|
Date published: November 14, 2016. Revised series on December 20, 2017.
Primary production of energy is any extraction of energy products in a useable form from natural sources. This occurs either when natural sources are exploited (for example, in coal mines, crude oil fields, hydro power plants) or in the fabrication of biofuels.
Transforming energy from one form into another, such as electricity or heat generation in thermal power plants (where primary energy sources are burned), or coke production in coke ovens, is not primary production.
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Trade · Services
Industry · Energy
- Industrial Production Index adjusted by working days
- Primary production of energy
- Primary energy consumption
- Gross inland consumption of energy. By products
- Final energy consumption. By sectors
- Energy consumption per inhabitant
- Gross inland consumption of energy divided by GDP
- Electricity generated from renewable sources
- Share of renewable energy in gross final energy consumption
- Environment · Territory