|Units: % of total electrical energy consumption.|
|Source Catalonia: Catalan Energy Institute. Source Spain, eurozone and European Union: Eurostat.|
|(..) Confidential data, low reliability or not available.|
Last update: December 5, 2019.
This indicator is the ratio between the electricity produced from renewable energy sources and the gross national electricity consumption for a given calendar year.
Electricity produced from renewable energy sources comprises the electricity generation from hydro plants (excluding pumping), wind, solar, geothermal and electricity from biomass/wastes. Biomass/wastes electricity comprises electricity generated from wood/wood wastes and other solid wastes of renewable nature (straw, black liquor) municipal solid waste incineration, biogas (incl. landfill, water treatment facilities, farm gas) and liquid biofuels
Gross national electricity consumption comprises the total gross national electricity generation from all forms of energy (including autoproduction), plus electricity imports, minus exports.
Directive 2009/28/EC on the promotion of the use of energy from renewable sources states in its Annex I the national overall targets for the share of energy from renewable sources in gross final consumption of energy in year 2020. The definition of these targets takes into account the share of energy from renewable sources in year 2005 by countries.
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Trade · Services
Industry · Energy
- Industrial Production Index adjusted by working days
- Primary production of energy
- Primary energy consumption
- Gross inland consumption of energy. By products
- Final energy consumption. By sectors
- Energy consumption per inhabitant
- Gross inland consumption of energy divided by GDP
- Electricity generated from renewable sources
- Share of renewable energy in gross final energy consumption
- Environment · Territory