|Source Catalonia: Ministry of Territory and Sustainability. Catalan Waste Agency. Source Spain and European Union: Eurostat.|
|(e) Estimated value.|
Last update: November 27, 2020. Revised series on February 4, 2021.
This indicator presents the amount of municipal waste generated as measured in kg per person per year.
It consists of waste collected by the municipal authorities and disposed of through the waste management system. The bulk of this waste stream is from households, commerce, offices and public institutions are included.
The annual amount of waste is divided by the population in the year in question. For Catalonia the population on 1 January is used; for Spain and the European Union, the yearly population average is used.
According to Eurostat questionnaire guidelines, the waste includes the following types of materials: paper, paperboard and paper products, plastics, glass, metals, food and garden waste and textiles.
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
Environment · Territory
- Bathing sites with excellent water quality
- Population connected to at least secondary waste water treatment
- Recycling rate of municipal waste
- Share of forest area
- Mean near-surface temperature deviation
- Greenhouse gas emissions intensity of energy consumption
- Material flows
- Material productivity
- Municipal waste generated
- Municipal waste. By type of treatment method
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Air Pollution