|Other wooded land FAO||22.1||13.2||4.9|
|Source Catalonia: Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Food. Source Spain and European Union: Eurostat.|
Last update: September 23, 2020.
The indicator measures the proportion of forest ecosystems in comparison to the total land area. Eurostat data used for this indicator is derived from the Land Use and Cover Area frame Survey (LUCAS). The LUCAS land use and land cover classification has been adapted to FAO forest definitions, distinguishing between the categories 'forests' and 'other wooded land'. For Catalonia, the source is the Statistics on areas occupied by agricultural crops.
LUCAS surveys are carried out in-situ, this means that observations are made and registered on the ground by field surveyors. A mixed panel approach is used, so some points are visited in subsequent years. In the field, the surveyor classifies the land cover and the visible land use according to the harmonized LUCAS Survey land cover and land use classifications.
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
Environment · Territory
- Bathing sites with excellent water quality
- Population connected to at least secondary waste water treatment
- Recycling rate of municipal waste
- Share of forest area
- Mean near-surface temperature deviation
- Greenhouse gas emissions intensity of energy consumption
- Material flows
- Material productivity
- Municipal waste generated
- Municipal waste. By type of treatment method
- Greenhouse gas emissions
- Air Pollution