The main objective of the survey is to learn more about the linguistic identification and uses of Catalan and other languages in areas of interpersonal relationships within the population in Catalonia over 15 years of age, with particular emphasis on the status of the use of Catalan. Other objectives include obtaining information on the knowledge of languages (particularly Catalan, Spanish, English and French), evaluating the use and knowledge of Occitan (Aranese in Aran) and determining the linguistic attitudes of the population and opinions regarding the use of Catalan.
The results are published for the whole of Catalonia, the territorial areas, the city of Barcelona and Aran.
The Survey on Language Uses of the Population is an official statistical activity published every five years, performed by Idescat and the Ministry of Culture under the General Directorate for Language Policy.
Geographical area: Catalonia
In other sections
Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Language Uses of the Population. By knowledge of languages
- Language Uses of the Population. By linguistic identification and most frequent languages
- Language Uses of the Population. By linguistic identification with Catalan. Areas
- Language Uses of the Population. By most frequent languages and areas of use
- Language Uses of the Population. Exclusive use of Catalan. By areas of use. Areas