The main objective of the survey is to learn more about the linguistic identification and uses of Catalan and other languages in areas of interpersonal relationships within the population in Catalonia over 15 years of age.
Other objectives include obtaining information on the knowledge of languages (particularly Catalan, Spanish, English and French) and the linguistic attitudes and opinions of the population regarding the use of Catalan. Similarly, it measures the use and knowledge of Occitan in L'Aran.
The results for Catalonia, the territorial areas, the city of Barcelona and Aran are published. Some results are also published for certain areas of sample-based territorial stratification, including the municipality of L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, the metropolitan counties and L'Alt Pirineu.
The Survey on Language Uses of the Population is an official statistical activity published every five years, performed by Idescat and the Ministry of Culture under the General Directorate for Language Policy.
Geographical area: Catalonia
Available tables [+]
- Usos lingüístics de la població
- Dades enllaçades 2003-2008-2013
In other sections
Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Language Uses of the Population. By knowledge of languages
- Language Uses of the Population. By linguistic identification and most frequent languages
- Language Uses of the Population. By linguistic identification with Catalan. Areas
- Language Uses of the Population. By most frequent languages and areas of use
- Language Uses of the Population. Exclusive use of Catalan. By areas of use. Areas