|Only Catalan||More Catalan than Spanish||Both||More Spanish than Catalan||Only Spanish||Other situations||Total|
|Members of the home (1)||27.2||5.6||7.8||10.1||37.7||11.6||100|
|Users or clients of Catalonia (4)||11.3||23.7||27.7||11.8||18.4||7.2||100|
|Generalitat de Catalunya Adm.||37.4||8.4||7.8||4.9||28.9||12.7||100|
|Type text messages||11.8||11.8||13.5||10.3||32.9||19.7||100|
|Units: Per cent.|
|Source: Idescat and Direcció General de Política Lingüística. Survey on Language Uses of the Population.|
|Note: (4) Towns that currently have or have had users or clients.|
|(1) Population living in homes with two or more people.|
|(2) Population taking studies.|
|(3) Employed population.|
Last update: July 8, 2019.Statistics EULP
Definition of concepts
- Areas of use
- Set of occasions when language is used. This set is defined according to basic issues of sociolinguistic relations, such as: who is speaking to whom, about what, in what type of situation, by which means and with what intention.
- Linguistic usages
- That which an individual actively communicates by speaking or writing in a language and that which the individual passively receives when hearing or reading a language.
The Survey on Language Uses of the Population (EULP) is a set of official statistics of which there have already been three previous editions, those of 2003, 2008 and 2013. These are periodical statistics, the bodies responsible for which are the Ministry of Culture, by means of the General Direction of Linguistic Policy, and Idescat. The main objective of the EULP is to obtain an estimate of language uses in interpersonal relations in Catalonia, and in different areas of use.
The survey will be administered to people aged 15 and over who were included in Catalonia's Municipal Population Register as of 1st January 2013.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
Culture · Language
- Media, cinema and performing arts
- Cultural facilities
- Cultural practices
- Main aggregates of culture and leisure sector
- Knowledge of Catalan. By levels of knowledge. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
- Knowledge of Catalan. By age groups and level of knowledge
- Knowledge of Catalan. By level of education and level of knowledge
- Language Uses of the Population. By knowledge of languages
- Language Uses of the Population. By linguistic identification and most frequent languages
- Language Uses of the Population. By linguistic identification with Catalan. Areas
- Language Uses of the Population. By most frequent languages and areas of use.
- Language Uses of the Population. Exclusive use of Catalan. By areas of use. Areas
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory