|Gross annual wage average||28,323.31||21,801.47||25,180.45||2.7||3.3||3.0|
|Average earnings per hour||17.32||14.58||16.06||2.1||2.5||2.2|
|Source: INE. Annual Wage Structure Survey.|
|Gross annual wage average||26,391.84||20,607.85||23,646.50||1.8||2.4||2.1|
|Average earnings per hour||16.10||13.93||15.13||1.0||2.4||1.7|
|Source: INE. Annual Wage Structure Survey.|
The Annual Wage Structure Survey (EAES) in an operation performed annually by the National Statistical Institute (INE) and is the result of the combination of different statistical and administrative sources, the purpose of which is to obtain comparable results regarding the structure and distribution of wages in the years that the Wage Structure Survey (EES) (every four years) is not conducted. Therefore, the results issued for 2006, 2010 and 2014 come from the Wage Structure Survey, while the results of the rest of the years come from the Annual Wage Structure Survey.
The main objective of both operations is to determine the gross annual earnings per worker, classified by different sociodemographic variables as sex, age and nationality, as well as other variables related to occupational characteristics as type of working day, contract, the activity sector and the type of occupation carried out by workers.
The population scope of the EAES constitutes all workers who are employed by others and provide services to their respective enterprises, regardless of the number of workers in each unit. Excluded are company presidents, members of the board and in general any personnel who are not paid in some form of regular salary but by commissions or profits. The population scope of the Wage Structure Survey coincides with the Annual Wage Structure Survey from 2006.
As far as what sectors are concerned, they may be from industry, construction and services. Until 2007 activities related to public administration, defence and compulsory social security, domestic personnel and extraterritorial organisation and bodies were excluded. Therefore, it includes those centres with economic activities comprised from C to K and M to O in the Catalan Classification of Economic Activities, CCAE-93 Rev1. From 2008 onwards, the new Catalan Classification of Economic Activities 2009 was implemented, which included workers belonging to the General Social Security Plan under in section O: public administration, defence and compulsory social security. For this reason, the 2008 results are not comparable with previous years.
The EAES is a statistical operation that is obtained through the combined processing of the Social Security General Affiliation File and Form 190 statements: the annual summary of withholdings and advance payments on personal income taxes by the State Tax Administration Agency (AEAT), along with such variable as occupation and workday, which are provided by the survey attached to the Quarterly Labour Cost Survey.
All wage concepts are collected in gross values, in other words, before any withholdings were made, such as income taxes or Social Security contributions.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Commuting and seasonal population
- Culture · Language
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Active population and activity rate. By sex and age group
- Employed persons and employment rate. By sex and age group
- Employed persons. By activity sectors and sex
- Unemployed persons and unemployment rate. By sex and age group
- Employees and salaried rate. By sex and age group
- Employees. By activity sectors and sex
- Employees. By hiring sector and sex
- Family dwellings. Related with the activity
- Registered unemployment. By sex and age group
- Registered unemployment. By activity sectors
- Social Security Affiliations. By type of regime and activity sectors
- Labour cost by worker and year. By activity sectors
- Labour cost by worker and year. By size of the units
- Labour cost by worker and year. By components
- Gross annual wage. By sex and age group
- Gross annual wage. By sex and nationality
- Gross annual wage. By sex and percentile
- Gross annual wage and earnings per hour. By sex and activity sectors
- Gross annual wage and earnings per hour. By sex and type of occupation
- Gross annual wage and earnings per hour. By sex and type of contract
- Gross annual wage. By sex and type of working day
- Relationship with the activity of the population from 16 to 29 years of age
- Strikes. Participants and days not worked. By provinces
- Accidents at work with leave
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory