- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Demography · Society
- Unemployed population
- Registered unemployment. By academic level. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
Registered unemployment. By academic level. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Registered unemployment
- People aged 16 years or more without work that, or that on the final day of the month have a job offer registered in the offices of the Generalitat or INEM but have yet to effectively start working. This does not include the following groups: workers unavailable for immediate employment or in incompatible situations with work, workers demanding work of a specific nature (such as work abroad) and temporary agricultural workers that benefit from a special unemployment subsidy. Also excluded are those people that unjustifiably refuse to take part in vocational training courses.
The unemployment data comes from two types of source: the statistics produced by bodies that are specialised in the production of statistical information and those resulting from the management of certain institutions with responsibilities for labour matters.
It should be noted that, due to this diversity of sources, three types of unemployment statistics are presented Statistical Yearbook:
- unemployed population (estimated unemployment), obtained from the EPA.
- registered unemployment on the basis of data from the employment offices of the Generalitat and Inem.
- unemployed population taken from the Population census.
The second type of statistics is obtained from the administrative records of the competent bodies, which normally produce and publish the data. Of importance is the data on registered unemployment by counties provided by the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families.
Regarding the registered unemployment data, it should be noted that from May 2005, a new model was adopted for the management of data, called SISPE (Public Employment Services Information System), which implies changes in the collection and treatment of data, and which led to a break in the series for registered unemployment. This edition of the Annual presents provisional data revised from February 2001 to December 2004.
The new county of El Moianès was created on 1 May 2015 (Law 4/2015, of 23 April, on the creation of the county of El Moianès) from the aggregation of five municipalities of the county of El Bages, one from the county of Osona and four from the county of El Vallès Oriental.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".