Macromagnitudes. By activity groups
|Extraction industries||Manufacturing industries||Prod. & distr. electric energy and gas||Water supply, sanitation waste manag't||Total|
|Value of Production||2,723,605||104,826,695||7,478,177||4,269,610||119,298,087|
|Net purchases of raw materials and other supplies||2,122,435||55,429,452||1,205,499||898,619||59,656,005|
|Work done by other companies||18,949||4,005,976||2,696,899||611,507||7,333,331|
|Gross value added m.p.||129,038||27,091,489||2,635,785||1,836,884||31,693,196|
|Taxes on production and products||20,696||322,406||394,957||45,198||783,257|
|Gross value added f.c.||145,996||27,065,541||2,321,652||1,878,310||31,411,499|
|Gross operating surplus||-48,529||9,089,664||1,888,799||627,132||11,557,066|
|Units: Thousands of euros.|
|Source: Idescat, based on the INE's Structural business statistics in the industrial sector.|
|Note: La secció d'indústries extractives inclou la divisió 19, refinació de petroli, tot i que segons la CCAE-2009 pertany a la secció indústries manufactureres.|
Last update: November 8, 2022.Statistics EIE
Definition of concepts
- Gross operating surplus
- Surplus generated by operational activities after compensating for the work factor. This can be calculated as the difference between gross value added at factor cost and personnel costs.
- Gross value added at market prices
- It is calculated upon the basis of the production value less intermediate consumption, which is made up of the sum of the consumption of raw materials and other supplies and expenditure on external services.
- Gross value added at factor cost
- Gross income from operating activities once the effects of the operating subsidies and indirect taxes have been adjusted. It is calculated upon the basis of the gross value added at market prices, deducting the taxes linked to production and products and adding the operating
- Production vale (Structural business statistics in the industrial sector)
- Number of final goods and services produced by the company during the year. It is equal to the turnover, plus the changes in inventories of products finished and in progress, plus the work performed by the company for its assets (capitalized production), plus accessory income and any other related to current management, less the consumption of goods.
The Structural Business Statistics in the Industrial Sector , called the Industrial Survey of Companies prior to the reference year 2014, is the main source of information on the industrial sector. This is an annual sample-based survey conducted by the INE in collaboration with Idescat. It offers structural information on industrial companies (establishments, employed population, production, costs and sales) disaggregated by large sectors and by 15 groups of the CCAE-2009.
The survey covers the whole territory of Spain (until 2012 were excluded Ceuta and Melilla) and is designed to offer results by autonomous communities. Idescat performs an annual treatment of the microdata in the survey in order to extend the results for Catalonia, both in terms of the number of branches and the available variables.
In 2008, the Industrial Survey of Companies was reformed in order to adapt it to the new European Regulation on Structural Business Statistics (SBS), the new national Classification of Economic Activities (CNAE-2009) and the new General Accounting Plan, passed in 2007. Some new modifications were also introduced to improve the quality of the survey while maintaining the strategic objective of reducing the burden on informants.
Until the year 2012, the Survey focussed its field of study on industrial companies with at least one employee. From 2013 onwards, the population scope was widened to include industrial companies without employees and the territorial scope was widened to include companies in Ceuta and Melilla. This extension of the populational scope of the sample (selected for Spain as a whole, not by autonomous communities) has led to an increase in the year-over-year variability of the number of companies and establishments. To ensure the comparability of the indicators between the different years, the calculations only take into account industrial companies with employees.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".
Available tables [+]
- Demography · Society
- Quality of life
- Agriculture · Livestock · Fisheries
- Trade · Services
Industry · Energy
- Main results. By activity groups
- Purchases and outsourcing. By activity groups and geographic destination of sales
- Macromagnitudes. By activity groups
- Main indicators. By activity groups
- Production sold. By groups of activity
- Industrial investment. By type of goods. Rate of change
- Industrial investment. By end purposes
- Industrial production index (IPI). By type of goods
- Industrial production index (IPI). By large industrials sectors. Rate of change
- Industrial production index (IPI). Sections and divisions
- Industrial production index (IPI). Sections and divisions. Rate of change
- Environment · Territory