|Deaths of confirmed or suspected cases|
|Cases Confirmed||In hospitals and clinics||In retirement homes||At home||Non-classifiable||Total|
|Source: Idescat, based on data from the Catalan Ministry of Health.|
Last update: January 18, 2021.
The information on the incidence of COVID–19 in Catalonia comes from the data published by the Government of Catalonia's Ministry of Health (in the daily bulletin issued until 29th July 2020 and the website dadescovid.cat from 29th July 2020). The data refer to the date of notification (at 9:00 pm until 17th May 2020 and at midnight from 18th May 2020 onwards). Since 15 April the Catalan Government's Ministry of Health has expanded the information on COVID–19, with data deaths from funeral homes.
With regard to cases of infection by the coronavirus, they include positive cases confirmed by a diagnostic test (PCR, antigen test or fast antibodies test). The data prior to 25 May 2020 also include possible cases that have not been confirmed (people with symptoms that have contacted the healthcare services and have followed a treatment without having undergone a conclusive diagnostic test).
With regard to deaths, they include deaths of confirmed or suspected infections with the coronavirus. Since 15 April, the Catalan Ministry of Health has offered the total number of deaths in hospitals, retirement homes, social health centres and at home throughout Catalonia, based on the information provided by funeral homes.
Notes about data
- Deaths in care homes since 19 May are counted together with those occurring in hospitals and clinics.
- The number of deaths in hospitals and clinics decreased on 19 May due to a data review by the Ministry of Health, Government of Catalonia.
- The number of confirmed cases falls on 18th May and the number of possible cases rises due to a data review by the Ministry of Health, Government of Catalonia.
Available tables [+]
Demography · Society
- Population figures
- Foreign population
- Households, families and marriages
- Births and deaths
- Commuting and seasonal population
- Culture · Language
- Justice · Public order and safety
- Weekly incidence of COVID-19
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19 and deaths
- Confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Life expectancy at different ages
- Health care professionals
- Elective abortions performed in Catalonia. By place of residence
- Elective abortions performed in Catalonia. By age groups and marital status
- Persons legally recognised as being disabled. By type of disability
- Quality of life
- Economic sectors
- Environment · Territory