|Current quarter||Previous quarter||Same quarter previous year|
|Total main markets||94.2||88.5||88.8|
|Main markets of the Monetary Union||86.7||83.3||84.5|
|Main markets of the rest of Europe||119.8||112.9||107.9|
|Main markets of the rest of the world||97.9||83.6||86.2|
|Units: Base 1999 I quarter = 100.|
|Source: Idescat and Departament of the Vice-presidency and of the Economy and Finance, based on OECD and Tax Agency data.|
|- An increase in the Index means an improvement in the competitiveness.|
|- Indicator pending update, awaiting a review of the methodology.|
|(1) The indicator is calculated with total exports and imports.|
The Index of the Revealed Competitiveness is defined as the market share of exports by the Catalan manufacturing industry (sections 5 to 8 of the CUCI-Rev.3)) in each of the countries considered, indexed in the first quarter of 1999.
As opposed to the Index of Competitiveness in Prices, an increase in the Index of the Revealed Competitiveness is interpreted as an improvement in competitiveness. For a specific country, the Indicator increases as long as sales of products from the Catalan manufacturing industry in that country increase more than imports of products manufactured by the same country, or as long as there is a reduction in exports of products of the Catalan manufacturing industry that is lower than the reduction in imports of products manufactured by the same country.
The countries included in each of the main markets are as follows:
- Main Monetary Union markets: Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal.
- Main markets of rest of Europe: Denmark, Poland, United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and Czech Republic.
- Main markets of rest of world: Australia, Brazil, Canada, South Korea, United States, India, Japan, Mexico and China.
This indicator is considered to offer provisional data. If the international sources modify exchange rates or price indicators for previous periods, the competitiveness indicators are consequently modified.
Available tables [+]
- Culture · Language
- Household income and expenditure
- Companies · Finances
Foreign investment and trade
- Exports. By economic destination of the goods
- Exports. By activity branches
- Exports. By geographical areas and countries
- Exports of industrial products. By technological content and groups of products
- Exports of industrial products. By technological content and geographical areas
- Imports. By economic destination of the goods
- Imports. By activity branches
- Imports. By geographical areas and countries
- Imports of industrial products. By technological content and groups of products
- Imports of industrial products. By technological content and geographical areas
- Export Climate
- Price Competitiveness of Industry Index. By country areas
- Price Competitiveness of Industry Index. By main markets
- Index of the Revealed Competitiveness of the Industry. By main markets
- Foreign Investment. By activity branches
- Foreign Investment. By geographical areas
- Investment abroad. By activity branches
- Investment abroad. By geographical areas
- Research · Technology
- Trade · Services
- Industry · Energy