|Value||absolute||% month||% accumulated|
|Source: Catalan Energy Institute.|
The series for electricity invoicing in Catalonia is built by the aggregation of invoicing in KWh at the all-inclusive rate (regular market) and access/toll rate (free market) of the main electricity utility operating in Catalonia (FECSA-ENDESA), carried out by the Catalan Energy Institute and the Ministry of Economy and Finance.
The data for monthly electricity invoicing refer to the invoices issued in a particular month. These invoicing data may correspond to real consumption in the previous month or previous two months. Bimonthly invoicing is used with small electricity consumers (for instance in the domestic sector). In the case of bimonthly invoicing there are average time lags of one month between invoicing and consumption.
Since January 2009 the new classification of economic activities (CCEA 2009) has been used. It does not coincide in some cases with the sector groupings in the previous classification (CCEA 93 and CCEA 93 Revised), which means the series are interrupted.
Up until December 2008, electricity invoicing in Catalonia was broken down into the following sectors:
- Industry: manufacturing industry and energy sector.
- Tertiary: services, public administration and transport.
- Other: primary, construction and public works, unclassified and sales to other electricity distribution companies.
Data from January 2009 on are broken down as follows:
- Industry: manufacturing industry and energy sector (except ship breaking and recycling which move to Tertiary)
- Tertiary: services, public administration, transport, recycling and ship breaking (previously in Industry) and sales to other electricity distribution companies (which previously was in Other sectors).
- Other: primary, construction and public works, real estate development (previously in Services) and unclassified.
In December 2011, with the aim to present homogeneous data, series from January 2005 were revised and the following changes were made:
- Services: non-specified consumption (quantitatively insignificant) was included; it was previously included in the Others section.
- Others: refers exclusively to primary sector consumption, construction and public works. Previously, it also included non-specified consumption and energy resold to other distributors, which have been eliminated.
- Industrial Production Index (IPI) adjusted by working days
- Industrial Production Index (IPI). By large industrial sectors
- Industrial Production Index (IPI). By sections and divisions
- Turnover Index in Industry (IVNI)
- Industrial New Orders Received Index (IECI)
- Industrial Price Index (IPRI). By large industrial sectors
- Industrial Price Index (IPRI). By sections and divisions
- Registration of industrial vehicles
- Industrial Climate Indicator (ICI)
- Electricity invoicing. By sectors
- Employed persons in industry