Catalan Statistical Council
The Catalan Statistic Council is an advisory and assessment body belonging to Idescat. It is made up of:
- The President of the council, who is appointed by the Government of Catalonia at the proposal of the Minister of the Ministry in charge of managing and coordinating the Statistics System of Catalonia.
- The Vice-President of the Governing Board of the Statistics System of Catalonia.
- The director of Idescat, who serves as secretary of the Board.
- One representative of every Catalan university.
- One representative of the Institute of Catalan Studies.
- One representative from each of the most typical business associations in Catalonia.
- One representative from each of the most typical unions in Catalonia.
- One representative of the most typical municipal associations in Catalonia.
- One representative of the most typical consumer and user associations in Catalonia.
- The director of the Catalan Data Protection Authority.
- The director of the Cartographic and Geological Institute of Catalonia.
- The director of the Centre for Opinion Studies.
- The Deputy Directors General of Idescat are also members of the Catalan Statistic Council, in an advisory capacity.
The following functions are the responsibility of the Catalan Statistic Council:
- Drawing up a non-binding preliminary report on:
- The Statistical Plan for Catalonia project, prior to its submission to the Government on behalf of the Minister of the Ministry in charge of managing and coordinating the Statistics System of Catalonia.
- The Annual Statistical Action Programme project.
- Drawing up proposals and recommendations on:
- The public interest of statistics produced by other entities not included in the Statistical plan for Catalonia.
- The situation of statistics in Catalonia in relation to the rest of the State and the European Union, and the analysis of its needs.
- The evolution and application of the Annual Statistical Action Programmes.
- The statistical nomenclatures and classifications, the territorial references, and the standardised codes and disaggregation ranges used in statistics.
- Any other matters assigned to it by the Government of Catalonia.
For a more detailed description of the functions carried out by the Catalan Statistic Council, refer to Decree 24/2014, from the 25th February, on the organisation and operation of the Statistical Institute of Catalonia (articles 10 and 11).
|President||Ms. Guadalupe Gómez Melis|
|Vice-President of the Governing Board of the Statistics System of Catalonia||Mr. Albert Castellanos Maduell|
|Vice-President of the Governing Board of the Statistics System of Catalonia||Ms. Natàlia Mas Guix|
|Director of Idescat (Council secretary)||Mr. Xavier Cuadras Morató|
|University of Barcelona||Mr. Josep M. Oller i Sala|
|Politechnic University of Catalonia||Mr. Xavier Tort-Martorell Llabres|
|Atonomous University of Barcelona||Mr. Pere Puig i Casado|
|Pompeu Fabra University||Mr. Jaume Garcia Villar|
|Rovira i Virgili University||Mr. Josep M. Mateo Sanz|
|Ramon Llull University||Ms. Marianna Bosch Casabó|
|University of Girona||Mr. Santiago Thió i Fernández de Henestrosa|
|Open University of Catalonia||Mr. Antoni Meseguer Artola|
|University of Lleida||Mr. Carles Capdevila i Marqués|
|University of Vic – Central University of Catalonia||Mr. Joan Carles Martori i Cañas|
|Abat Oliba CEU University||Ms. Carme Ruiz-Viñals|
|International University of Catalonia||Mr. Antoni Mora Corral|
|Foment del Treball Nacional||Mr. Salvador Guillermo i Viñeta|
|Institute of Catalan Studies||Mr. Joan de Solà-Morales i Rubió|
|PIMEC||Mr. Moisés Bonal i Ferrer|
|UGT||Mr. José Manuel Fandiño Crespo|
|CCOO||Mr. Daniel Garrell i Ballester|
|Catalan Association of Municipalities||Mr. Jordi Oliveres i Prats|
|Federation of Municipalities of Catalonia||Ms. Montserrat Feliu Roig|
|OCUC||Mr. Leopoldo Gay Montalvo|
|Catalan Data Protection Authority||Ms. Maria Àngels Barbarà i Fondevila|
|Cartographic and Geological Institute of Catalonia||Mr. Jaume Massó i Cartagena|
|Centre for Opinion Studies||Mr. Jordi Argelaguet i Argemí|
|Deputy Director General of Production and Coordination||Ms. Cristina Rovira i Trepat|
|Deputy Director General of Statistical Information and Communication||Mr. Josep Sort i Ticó|
|Deputy Director General of Administration and General Services||Ms. Mercè Perelló i Jané|
|Ms. Anna Cabré i Pla||27/10/2011||03/10/2019|
|Mr. Josep M. Vegara i Carrió||12/04/2007||06/10/2011|
|Mr. Martí Parellada i Sabata||04/11/2004||12/04/2007|
|Mr. Eduard Bonet i Guinó||02/01/1991||04/11/2004|