- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Demography · Society
- Labour relations
- Accidents at work with leave. By type and sectors. Counties and Aran, and areas
Accidents at work with leave. By type and sectors. Counties and Aran, and areas. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Occupational injuries
- Set of occupational accidents and professional sicknesses for occupational reasons, with or without the workers needing to take leave, whether they take place during the working day or when going to or returning from the workplace.
An accident at work is regarded as any specific event that causes a physical or mental bodily injury suffered by a worker as a result of the work performed. All the accidents of workers who contribute for this contingency are included.
The accidents are classified in accordance with the place in which they occur:
- on a working day: if they take place during the working day, in the workplace itself or on a journey. Traffic accidents and other accidents in any means of transport and accidents that occur outside the company are included, but only if they occur during the working day.
- in itinere: if they occur during a journey from the place of residence to the place of work or vice versa outside working hours.
Accidents are classified as mild, severe or deadly in accordance with their seriousness.
The incidence rate represents the number of accidents per 100,000 workers exposed to risk.
In Catalonia, the competent authority is the Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Families.
All the data are definitive except for those for last year, which are provisional.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".