Definition of concepts
- A defined area on land or water in a State, which is intended to be used either wholly or in part for the arrival, departure and surface movement of aircraft and open for commercial air services.
- General goods
- Goods packaged in load units (sacks, crates, boxes, etc.) or units that can be counted.
- Person to be transported on any aircraft as passenger due to a transport contract or lease or privately, and those who are not members of the crew.
- Commercial air service
- An air transport flight or series of flights for the public transport of passengers and/or freight and mail, for remuneration or for hire. The flight may be scheduled or unscheduled.
- Domestic flight
- In which both the departure airport and the arrival airports are in Spain and it is provided by Spanish companies.
- International flight
- In which one of the two airports (departure or arrival) is foreign and it is provided by Spanish or foreign companies
- Unscheduled flight
- Commercial air service other than scheduled flights.
- Regular flight
- This is an aerial service that follows a fixed timetable and where the plane travels regardless of the number of passengers it carries.
The General Direction of Civil Aviation of the Ministry for Public Works offers all of the statistics in reference to air transport, based on the figures provided directly by Spanish airports.
The movement of aircraft, passengers and cargo measures all regular and charter flights by domestic and foreign airline companies and does not include other services or traffic other than those mentioned.
As an aircraft movements all aircraft take-offs and landings are recorded. Excludes touch landings and immediate take-off and aborted landings.
Does not include the movements of military, State or private aircraft or aerial services.
Movement of goods means the tonnes transported on regular or charter flights. It represents the freight which pays on a particular flight and is calculated once in national and international goods classifications.
Until 2011, data for Catalonia include the movement of aircraft and goods at Barcelona, Girona and Reus airports.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".