- Statistical Yearbook of Catalonia
- Economic sectors
- Housing construction
- Housing starts. By projected surface area. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces
Housing starts. By projected surface area. Counties and Aran, areas and provinces. Methodology
Definition of concepts
- Housing starts
- Residential construction project supervised by the college of surveyors.
- Constructed surface
- Surface contained within the exterior perimeter of the walls of a home. In buildings with more than one home the proportional part of the common spaces or services is imputed to each of the homes.
- Projected surface
- Surface obtained from the ratio between the total constructed surface area of a property and the number of rooms in the property.
The data on housing started, is obtained from new works certificates issued by colleges of surveyors of Catalonia, and the intentions of promoters and constructors are outlined. Data is included on the construction of housing that enjoys official protection listed by protection scheme. The completed housing is taken from end of construction certificates issued by colleges of surveyors.
Current Territorial Distribution
At present, Catalonia is divided into 41 counties, 1 singular territorial entity (Aran) and 8 areas of the Territorial Plan, according to the latest territorial changes, which affect the areas of El Penedès and the Central Counties, Aran and El Moianès.
Unavailable information is represented using the symbol ":". When the value is lower than that of the minimum unit to be able to estimate the statistical operation or if it effects statistical confidentiality, the symbol used is "..".